Friday, October 16, 2015

Storyteller Traveler

Everyone has a story to tell.  However, there is always something exciting to hear about someone’s story about their travel.  You want to know where they went, what did they do, what did they eat, did they enjoy themselves, and what was the best part of the trip?  I think some of my best stories and memories are from my travels.

I remember my first plane ride when I was 10, when my parents took me to Disney World. I remember the experience of my first airplane ride, the excitement I felt, and the fun I had just like it was yesterday.  Although, I do not quite remember, but I am sure I as soon as I got home I told all my friends what I saw, that Mickey Mouse was way cool, and what rides were the best.

I remember my first trip abroad when I was 23.  I was lucky enough to go to the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer Norway.  My friend and I spent a month with my Norwegian friend, and traveled across Scandinavia with a few days in Saint Petersburg.  So many stories from the trip, form the people I encountered, how different the lifestyle is in Scandinavia, soo much snow, soo cold, I ate Moose, and just the overall experience. To this day, I can tell a story about this trip.  This story is the beginning of many other stories this traveler will gain over her lifetime.  It is this story that changed her life and makes her who she is today.


What is your Travel Story?

No comments:

Post a Comment